Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thursday February 5 Enjoy the Poem!

The grass is green and long
I like to sing a worship song.
We drive to work in a truck
And work all day in the muck.
The skid loader may have gotten stuck
But would have gotten out by luck.
A Haitian man hit his head
And indeed his blood was red.
I'm glad he is not dead
We do not have a hospital bed.
Some of us are burnt like Drew
And we like the rice and stew.
The sun is very bright
And I'm in love with a Haitin-ite.
I promise to adopt next year
Unless I'm not married I fear.
If you're still reading this
I bet you would miss
The hot rays of sun
And the yummy garlic bun.
I bet you didn't know
We do not have a bow.
The guard at our gate has a gun
And surely having fun.
The boys built a roof of tin
And Shirley about broke a shin.
The ladies painted many rooms
And breathed in way too many fumes.
A man in the garage broke a vise
And thank The Lord for all the good rice.
And if you think this poem is lame
We think the same.

-Curly with help from the youngens


4 comments: